Friday 16 September 2011

"Tomorrow Untrodden"

Hey Y'all,

So, I'm sitting here in my room at 12:55 a.m., the night before I leave, thinking about what I'll miss the most from our wonderful town. Indescribable people? Snow? Stars?

But then I remind myself to digress and think instead of what I'm looking forward to most...

For those of you who aren't in the know, I'm heading off for six months tomorrow with Canada World Youth. It's basically been my dream since my wonderfully handsome brother (ha), Phil, went away a few years back. I'm "stoked", as the young in's say. It will probably change my life and it's a change I've anxiously been waiting for. My good friend Devin told me I would definitely return with some sort of worldly moustache but I'm hoping it was a metaphor and not actually the difference in myself I've been looking forward to...

The more perceptive of you may have noticed my blog name was wittily crafted out of a cheesy One Republic lyric but I stand by it! Ghana (one of two destinations that I will be spending three months in) is said to be an extremely gracious country filled with cheery Ghanians and I'm very optimistic about the time I will be spending there.

On a final point, the title of this blog is a Flashbulb song that hopefully will symbolize new beginnings in my life forevermore. It's very special to me so check it out!

I'll try to write whenever humanly possible but only if I have something somewhat interesting to say.
I promise my six month trip won't make me one of those obnoxious bloggers that think you're intrigued by what colour my bedspread is.

Cheers!

3 comments:

  1. Really excited to read bout your adventures Teressa :) I think it's inspiring that you're doing this trip!

    xo
    Katia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey hon love the beginning but the background makes things hard to read. Also I'm sure that you'll also get some wonderful experiences out East. When I spoke to you this morning your first day sounded pretty neat. Love mom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Obruni-Tess,

    Great blog! Don't listen to mom - I like the site's theme. I've been thinking about you a lot lately - wondering how your group is, your new family, your counterpart (sister) - all that fun stuff! I plan on checking in on this often so please up date us!

    YAY!!!!!!!
    Beaudat

    ReplyDelete